Sunday, October 10, 2010

Recap and Predictions

I don't usually say this but I'm glad I was wrong. I called the Yankees to win 3-1, but they did it 3-0. Can't be mad. I just assumed that one game the Twins might decide to hit with runners in scoring position. Guess not. As a Yankee fan, I don't care who they face next. The three pitchers this series showed they aren't afraid of anyone and they can get it done. What was better to watch: Andy Pettite showing dominance after his recent lapse or Phil Hughes shutting out the Twins over 7?

So recap: Told you there wasn't gonna be a no hitter in the Phillies Reds matchup. The Reds led off with a home run. But sure enough, they blew it. Phillies win and I'm 1 - 1 on the day. Phil Hughes had them guessing all night with his fastball. Four relievers were used. That makes me 2 - 2. Giants blew it and Atlanta won. 3 - 3! The Rays still suck even if they won. 4 - 4!!

Today, Phillies sweep. Rangers close out the series. And the Giants win in Turner Field.

Robinson Cano for MVP

Football Week 5

After a few weeks you kinda get the feel for teams. So I put together my picks. I'll let you know when my pick is the same as The Post.
Giants over Houston. (Post)
Jacksonville over Buffalo.
Baltimore over Denver aka Flacco over Orton. (Post)
Colts over Chiefs.
Packers over Redskins.
Rams over Lions. (Post)
Panthers over Chicago sans Cutler. (Post)
Bengals over Tampa Bay. (Post)
Hawks over Browns.
New Orleans over Cardinals. (Post)
Dallas over Titans. I hope I'm wrong.
San Diego over Raiders. (Post)
Eagles over San Fran. Kolb has some potential, but again, if I'm wrong, I wouldn't mind.

and

J-E-T-S over Vikings.
I don't care if Moss is back. So is Revis and Holmes. . . Cromartie named his most recent kid Jerzie which was a great idea. Now he can remember her name, where she lives, and where he got the mom pregnant all at once! . . . I don't care what Brett Favre does off the field. As an athlete, all he should be worried about is how many yards, TDs, and Ints he throws.

No comments:

Post a Comment