Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Last Chance

Texas is finally gonna clinch. I swear. There is no way Cliff Lee is not pumped up to the max to throw his best playoff game yet. David Price likewise is gonna be at his best. Regardless of the winner, the Yankees look primed to do some damage. Both clubs aces won't pitch on friday which leaves CC pitching against CJ Wilson or BIg Lame James Shields. I wouldn't doubt it if the Rays advance that they have Garza start before Shields. If it's Texas, which I sure hope it is, CJ WIlson will have a lot harder time shutting out the Yankees than he did the Rays.

If I had to choose an NLDS MVP, I'd pick Curtis Granderson. The Yankees came in not sure of what each player was capable of. Fortunately, a few guys brought out their best. Granderson hit .455 (5-11) with two extra base hits and three RBIs. If he keeps that up, the next opponent is gonna need some great defense to get through the bottom of the lineup. With only Brett Gardner hitting under .270, and the two DHs batting .364, this Yankee lineup is so scary. Let's say Gardner finds a nice stroke or lays down some better bunts, he'll pick up 2 hits a game. That should round off the most solid offense and defense in the playoffs. I can't wait. . .
Robinson Cano for MVP

I was right about Philly sweeping and the Giants winning the series 3-1. Why can't the Rays lose already? Unfortunately, I wasn't so accurate with the Football predictions


Football Week 5

Giants over Houston. (Post) 
I wrote about this earlier. Again, Eli threw for almost 300 yards and the Giants rushed for 117. A couple of sacks for Tuck and a big W for the G-Men.

Jacksonville over Buffalo. Buffalo is now 0-5. Pitiful.

Baltimore over Denver aka Flacco over Orton. (Post) Rice did most of the scoring after Flacco turned the ball over to him. Orton threw well but the running game was disappointing.

Colts over Chiefs. Wow, Peyton threw 1 INT and 0 TDs. Chiefs still lost as apparently Vinatieri and Succop kicked the ball around all day.

Packers over Redskins. Not only was I wrong about this one but Rodgers got hit in the head and is possibly out for next week. 

Rams over Lions. (Post) Did not see that blowout coming. Lions 44 points won't happen against the Giants.

Panthers over Chicago sans Cutler. (Post) Matt Forte stepped it up and rushed for 2 TDs to help the Bears succeed without Cutler.

Bengals over Tampa Bay. (Post) An analyst commented that the Bengals had a lot of star power but no substance. Poor Ochocinco had 3 catches for 20 yards. And Revis wasn't around!

Hawks over Browns. No brainer.

New Orleans over Cardinals. (Post) The strangest game of the week. Brees needs to step it up.

Dallas over Titans. I hope I'm wrong. . . And I'm glad I was wrong. Dallas is now 1-3 going to face the 1-3 Vikings

San Diego over Raiders. (Post) Another odd game. Rivers threw for over 400 yards and 2 TDs but special teams gave them back.

Eagles over San Fran. Kolb has some potential, but again, if I'm wrong, I wouldn't mind. . . Kolb had a 103.3 Passer Rating with 1 TD. Mikell's fumble recovery for a TD opened the gap which apparently the Eagles needed. Alex Smith threw a 3rd TD with 2:02 in the 4th yet took the loss.

and

J-E-T-S over Vikings. I blame the rain for the sloppy offense in the first half. Favre sparked up in the 4th but Sanchez wasn't gonna back down so easily. He showed some cool as he threw from the pocket right into the middle. The two Viking safeties had trouble keeping Edwards's hands off the ball on those square in routes. After Sanchez's completion, the two star backs ran in an insurance TD. They needed it. Jets go to 4-1 with no turnovers in 4 games. Keep it up.


Overall:
7-14
Post:
5-14

No comments:

Post a Comment