Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mets Spring Training!

One of the best sporting experiences I have had the pleasure of enjoying so far was a Spring Training game in Port St. Lucie. Just last week, I flew down and had the chance to see the Miami Marlins play the Mets. The game itself was nothing too exciting, but the atmosphere and arena were fantastic.

There is no bad seat. The stadium is not much larger than a minor league stadium, if at all. The outfield truly does have plain lawn so you can sunbathe at the game or let the kids run around. And the price for a seat was reasonable. Sitting about six rows back, I could see and yell to the players easily. Of course being the troublemaker I am, I tried to heckle Giancarlo Stanton by repeatedly calling him Mike. He, in return, crushed two home runs. But that is beside the point. The ability to get so close to the players on such a reasonable price was a dream!

Food and beverage prices were much lower than expected. While the beer was cold and refreshing, the hot dogs left me wanting more. I grabbed a Mets plastic cap full of tacos which were surprisingly delectable. All of the ushers and attendants were friendly. And with the seats so close to the field, catching a foul ball or a tossed ball from the exiting players was easy. In fact, the only issue I had was the hot sun, but there were plenty of shaded seats just to the left.

If you ever vacation in Florida during March, swing by the Spring Training games. You're going to love it, I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment