The Knicks head into the All-Star Break two games above .500. Could they have been better? Absolutely! There were several games (Cavs in particular) where they should have won. But you can't knock on them for only being mediocre. As I recall, the projections for this year were that the Knicks would be below the Nets in standings and hardly a concern for any team. That, however, is not the case. No one goes into the Garden now and says, "It's the Knicks. Easy win." Not the Spurs. Not the Heat. Maybe the Lakers or a healthy Mavs, but I have a feeling that will change soon. The trade deadline is almost here and I'm dying for the Knicks to make a trade. Randolph and Curry aren't doing anything on the bench so let's ship them out. A 2nd round draft pick is still a draft pick. My wish list for the trade deadline would be filled with one player. Just one. Nene. Carmelo can come here whenever he wants (free agency please). Nene would complete this team. When Chandler is healthy again (he's getting there) and Gallo can play on the road, Nene and Amare would dominate the front court.
Just recently, the Knicks placed two Rookies on the NBA ROOKIE LADDER http://www.nba.com/rookieladder/ . Fields, of course, is on the list at a low #4. I don't think he gets enough credit. This kid seals games for the Knicks. And when he is good, they usually win. In the last three games, he has scored double digits in both wins. In the loss to LA he scored 6 and took only one 3 and missed. The other two games he was 5 of 6 from downtown. Correlation? Possibly. The other rookie on the list is Timofey Mozgov, who cracked the ladder at #10. Sure he's averaging 10 and 7 in the last few games, but a lot of that is fueled by his easy jams in the Clips and Detroit games. However, I am not discrediting him. I think he could get a lot better. One could argue that he needs a mentor. Whatever the Knicks do, I do not believe trading either is wise.
Can't wait for the Rookie vs. Sophomores tonight at 9.
The Yankees are heading into spring training with several smaller yet essential improvements. Sure, no blockbuster signing, but they did change the catching position, finally. And they may have overpayed for Soriano, but his addition may end being worth it. How many times have we seen Joba blow the lead in the 8th? When Kerry Wood came on board, there was a lot less worry. We couldn't get Wood, but we may have gotten someone as good if not better for the entire year. Granderson has time to adjust and nail down that fire swing we saw at the end of last year, and Gardner should have mended by now. Things are looking good.
However, for the Rays, things look awful. I wouldn't doubt if the Orioles and Jays put them back in the cellar. Ah, one can only dream.
Stay classy New York and thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment